I know… most of you would say that the best medicine on earth is Love. In many ways I support this statement: when one lives in the heart center there is a level of stillness awareness and presence that create a wonderful foundation for healing. Yet too often love is often confused with emotions, attachments and or loving something or someone …and so I have decided to look at something else…your breath.
“When you are short of wisdom, breathe.” Guru Nanak
We have a tendency to breathe between 16 and 20 times a minute with a shallow breath that does not give enough oxygen to the blood. A sweet tooth comes from a lack of oxygen in the brain. Lots of diseases are created and enhanced with shallow breathing. If you breathe eight times a minute you will become calmer. If you breathe four times a minute you are more aware, more intuitive and more in tune with the cosmic intelligence. You can go with the infinite flow instead of constantly fighting or worrying.
Your breath is directly connected to how you think and how you feel. A negative thought or action will make you breathe three times faster.
The way you attract people, the way you manifest is directly connected to your Aura, which is greatly impacted by the quality of your breath. In brief, your radiance depends on your breath.
Your intelligence has nothing to do with how many brain cells or degrees you have; your intelligence is based on the capacity of your breath. Choose to practice conscious breathing every day; it will transform everything within you and around you.
The following is a breath you can practice at least three minutes a day:
- Seated on a chair or in an easy pose on the floor.
- Eventually, close your eyes and focus on your third eye.
- Put each hand in Gyan Mudra (index and thumb together) on your knee.
- Inhale through the nose, hold the breath in and as you hold the breath in mentally vibrate the mantra three times: “I am light, I am I am.”
- Exhale through the nose, hold the breath out and as you hold the breath out repeat the same mantra in your head three times.
- End with a deep breath in, hold the breath in and apply Root Lock (squeeze sex organ, rectum, and navel) to seal and integrate the benefits of your breath.
Much love to all,